Friday, April 13, 2012

DR. ALEXANDER RICHTER



Professor Dr. Alexander Richter


Today please allow me to be nothing more than a very proud dad.  My youngest son Alex defended his dissertation this morning at the University of Indiana.  He now is officially Dr. Alexander William Richter, professor of economics.  At the end of June he will be doing economic research at Auburn University in Alabama.

Where did I go wrong?  As you can see, I tried to get him interested in Leicas already at an early age, but to no avail.  He doesn’t even own a Leica.  He sought my advice a little while ago for a new camera.  Of course Leicas were on the list.  Instead he bought a Sony.  He just didn’t want to spend the money for a Leica.  But there is hope…. 




3 comments:

  1. I forgot to mention, the camera Alex is holding is my Leica III with 50mm f/2 Summar, the one my father gave me for my 5th birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet. And...where did the time go??????

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was younger, my mother always told me that time seems to go faster and faster as you grow older. Unfortunately, she was right; I am having the same experience.

    ReplyDelete