Today, Leica has announced a new limited edition camera, the Leica Q2 ‘Daniel Craig x Greg Williams'. Based on the ever-popular full-frame Leica Q2, the camera was created in collaboration with award-winning actor Daniel Craig and acclaimed British photographer Greg Williams. The pair have worked together on many films, and share a deep passion for Leica and photography.
Trimmed out in traditional black, with all camera and lens engravings inlaid with gold paint, and wrapped in a diamond pattern embossed vegetable-tanned black Nappa leather cladding, the design of the camera exudes subtle British elegance. The metal strap lugs are specially treated in a durable 3N gold PVD-coating and, for the first time ever in a production model, the iconic Leica logo is scripted in gold and set in a black dot.
With the limited-edition Leica Q2 Daniel Craig x Greg Williams, Leica Camera presents an exclusive model of the Q2. The new camera was created in close collaboration with award-winning actor Daniel Craig and Greg Williams, one of Britain’s most renowned photographers, acclaimed for capturing iconic Hollywood moments in his authentic style. Williams has photographed Daniel Craig’s portrayal of his most iconic roles, creating behind-the-scenes books and special shoots as well as many of the sought-after Daniel Craig film posters.
Both Craig and Williams have a common passion for photography and are both avid fans of Leica, making this a seamless collaboration. Regarding the limited-edition creation, Daniel Craig stated, “The Leica Q2 is, for me, the perfect camera and needs no improvement. So, to have the chance to work with the amazing people at Leica and my friend, Greg Williams, to create something as unique as this, has been a privilege and an honor.”
The Leica Q2 Daniel Craig x Greg Williams follows the same technical specifications of the Leica Q2, but it has an exclusive and elegant design. The camera is defined by black and gold features throughout. All the engravings on the camera and lens are inlaid with gold paint, while the body features a stark black contrast inlaid with embossed leather designed with elegant diamond pattern. The limited-edition camera also includes a first: the name and sequential serial number have been engraved with a laser, under the glass cover of the camera display. Additionally, for the first time, the traditional Leica red dot logo has been replaced with a black dot and gold lettering, making the camera uniquely distinctive in the Leica line-up.
The Leica Q2 Daniel Craig x Greg Williams is accompanied by a carrying strap that is made of top-quality, vegetable-dyed Nappa leather embossed with the Leica logo and gilded eyelets. Each camera along with the accessories, comes in a specially designed hinged-lid presentation box with gold lettering and a black silk lining. The Leica Q2 Daniel Craig x Greg Williams is limited to 750 units worldwide.
· The Leica Q2 Daniel Craig x Greg Williams matches the technical specification of the standard Leica Q2.
· Unique, exclusive and elegant design.
· Visible elements of the camera are defined by black and gold.
· All engravings on the camera and lens are inlaid with gold paint.
· The name and sequential serial number have been laser-engraved under the glass cover of the camera display.
· For the first time in Leica history there is a black/gold logo.
· The strap is made of top-quality, vegetable-dyed Nappa leather, and is embossed with the Leica logo
· Gold-colored eyelets
· Same leather material, embossed with an elegant diamond pattern, is also used for the camera covering.
· Each camera, complete with accessories, comes in a specially designed, hinged-lid presentation box with gold lettering and a black silk lining
· Limited to 750 Pieces Worldwide
The Leica Q2 Daniel Craig x Greg Williams will start shipping next week for a price of $6,995. Quantities will be limited with only 750 being produced. To pre-order, click the button below, give us a call at 305-921-4433, or email us at email@example.com.