Monday, April 29, 2019

VERY SAD NEWS OF THE PASSING OF KEN HANSEN




I am very sorry having to report the passing of Ken Hansen.  His granddaughter passed on the following information:

The arrangements have been made for my beloved grandfather, Ken Hansen. His funeral will be held this Thursday, May 2nd from 4-7pm. The funeral is taking place at Van Emburgh-Sneider-Pernice Funeral Home located at 109 Darlington Avenue in Ramsey, NJ 07446. We welcome all close friends of Ken.

Without question Ken was one of the most unique dealers of Leica equipment.  His generosity and general good will toward all made him the exceptional person he was.  I consider myself very lucky indeed to have known him.  He will be missed.

4 comments:

  1. Sad loss for the Leica / photography community

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in shock ....I've know Ken for 35 years.....still own cameras that I bought from him when he was on 34th st. I will miss him as he was a friend as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I have been out of the country I only today learned of the passing of Ken. What a great dealer! One never had to worry about any aspect of a purchase when buying from him. His free advice was often crucial to a purchase about which one was uncertain. RIP Ken Hansen

    ReplyDelete