Friday, November 20, 2020

A SPECIAL REQUEST BY LISL STEINER – LEICA PHOTOGRAPHER EXTRAORDINAIRE

 

Photograph © José Manuel Serrano Esparza


By Heinz Richter

I consider myself quite fortunate to count Lisl Steiner as one of my friends. She recently called me with a special request.

November 22nd will be the 57th anniversary of the assassination of John F. Kennedy.  Lisl Steiner covered this sad event with her Leica equipment, which resulted in a number of memorable photographs.

One of these photographs shows a crowd of people that had gathered at Times Square in New York.  It is this photograph that is the reason for Lisl Steiner’s request.

© Lisl Steiner

She just turned 93 a few days ago.  She told me that she had wondered a while already how many of the people in the photograph are still alive and, if anyone recognizes him or herself or if anyone else recognizes any of the individuals in the photograph.  As she told me, she hasn’t all that much time left and she would love to hear about this.

 A short video of LislSteiner asking for your help

Please contact me at info@gmpphoto.com  and help me to shed some light onto this request by a wonderful lady.

José Manuel Serrano Esparza, a frequent contributor to this blog, wrote an extensive article about Lisl Steiner and her coverage of this event.  You will find the article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment