Wednesday, March 28, 2012

LEICA Barnack Berek Blog Gallery 3-28-12


Today’s gallery is dedicated to the individual most responsible for my career as a professional photographer, my father.  He always encouraged me to take pictures, to experiment, to find my own way.  For that reason he gave me my first camera, a Leica III with 50mm f/2 Summar lens on my 5th birthday.  This used to be his personal camera and all of the photographs in today’s gallery were taken with that camera.

He attended the Hamburg School of Photography, where he took these photographs in 1949 at the harbor in Hamburg.

After graduating from the Hamburg School of Photography he worked as an apprentice with several different photographers and finally earned his degree of Fotografenmeiser (master photographer).

St. Pauli Landungsbrücken Subway Station








View other Leica Galleries here:

LEICA GALLERY 8-07-2012

LEICA Barnack Berek Blog GALLERY  7-11-2012

FRENCH LEICA PHOTOGRAPHER SOLENN HERVOUET

THE DECISIVE MOMENT

LÜNEBURG HEATH – A LEICA PICTURE STORY

LEICA GALLERY  6-09-2012

LEICA Barnack Berek Blog GALLERY  5-14-2012

LFI GALLERY

FINE ART NUDE PHOTOGRAPHY

LEICA Barnack Berek Blog GALLERY




2 comments:

  1. Wonderful photographs!
    Your father was really a "Meister"! You were very lucky to have such a good teacher.
    Thanks for the sharing,
    Rui Morais de Sousa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your comments. My apologies for not answering any sooner, I was out of the office for a week on a short vacation.

    ReplyDelete